Friday 31 August 2012

Bye, bye work

Work is finished and now it's time to get the last bits of our preparation together. Most of our hotels are booked, planes ticketed and packing underway. It was somewhat weird leaving work and saying "Bye, see you all next March". Work is a bit like oxygen - you don't miss it unless it's not there! I know I'll miss the guys and gals at work (But watch out, my aim is improving!) I'm hoping many of them will 'follow' us via this blog; not to rub anything in but to share some of the experiences we will be having. They're a great bunch of characters to work with and I'll sure miss 'em. And....... I still wake up at 05:30 every morning!

Without the help of my old boss Larry and current boss Susan I probably wouldn't have managed to get such a long period off work in one hit! I can safely say this now that Larry has retired to pursue his own travel and dining activities. It seems forever since we first planned to go  away and now it's almost upon us panic is beginning to set in. Have we done all we need to do, will the cat be alright, have we checked visas, arranged standing orders, let everyone know etc, etc, etc. STUFF IT - ITS ALL SORTED AND IF IT AIN'T DONE THEN IT CAN WAIT!

Our holiday really starts next Friday since our flight is at 06:00 on Saturday 8th so I doubt we'll sleep Friday night. We are having dinner with a group of friends on Friday evening and then will kick our heels until Russell takes us to the airport at 03:00hrs. My intention is to post on this site whilst waiting at the airport, with a few pictures and to start this travelogue off proper. So, for now it's adios. Keep safe everyone and a big thank you to all of you who have put up with me going on and on and 'counting down'  the days. Keep in touch through the comments section at the bottom of each blog and we'll see you all next March!

No comments:

Post a Comment