Tuesday 6 November 2012

IN BRUGGE – Part Three




Just a short one here folks. I had my little spiel on my last blog and now back to holiday mode.



Our last day in Brugge and we are so going to miss this place. In spite of this I have to admit it’s a cold wet day and certainly not good for walking around in.



Still, we have the car and so it’s off to Dunkirk for the day.

It was a great drive and, if we include the 2 trips to Ypres we made 45 trips into France. Hmmm! And Julie had never been out of Australia til last year!



Aussie girl in German Car driving from Belgium into France. Multinational or what?

Dunkirk; OK, first let me say that my views were somewhat distorted considering it was raining cats and dogs, bloody cold (8 degrees tops) and a Sunday so nowhere was open. The seafront was blowing a gale so we went for a walk inland. 



Some places showed promise but as I said circumstances were against us making a fair judgement. When we bought lunch in a cafe it was as if it was too much trouble to serve us.





We really gave up on the day and came home a bit earlier than expected.



I must admit the Irish Coffee I had before leaving (Julie was the designated driver, honestly officer) was to die for!




Back in Brugge we had a nice ‘last night’ dinner and I just had to publish the picture of my desert.

Called ‘The Brugge Swan’...... It was as tasty as it looked.

Because the weather was so crappy we had an early night after packing our gear ready for our trip to Paris in the morning.



Dropped Julie at the station and left her with the luggage. I then took the car back to the depot before getting a taxi to the station. 3 hours and two train changes later we were in the city of Paris. What a place and more about that in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment